„Future of AI Summit“ in Aachen: Talented Young Researchers wanted!Copyright: © Martin Braun
Professor Holger Hoos from RWTH Aachen University and Professor Aimee van Wynsberghe from the University of Bonn are organising a unique and exclusive “Future of AI” Summit from 27 to 28 September 2023 at RWTH Aachen University in Aachen, under the auspices of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
Research Network Coordinator
- +49 241 80 21454
- Send Email
They are looking for talented young researchers from any nationality currently working at a German non-profit research institution in the field of AI or a closely related area, to join this once-in-a-lifetime event, during which you will have not only the chance to get to know other carefully and competitively selected young researchers from all across Germany and to discover Aachen and RWTH Aachen University, but first and foremost to interact with AI professors awarded by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation and currently established in top-notch German Universities. Not only will you have the chance to connect with these professors, but also to present your research and gain insights from the leading thinkers in AI across Germany. This opportunity is open to researchers across all disciplines from computer science to humanities and social sciences.
In a nutshell
When? Wednesday, 27 September, 14:00 - Thursday, 28 September 2023, 14:00
Where? RWTH Aachen University, Aachen
What is expected from you?
- Present your research in AI, using a poster during a poster session highlighting young talent in AI across Germany
- Interact with leading AI researchers from around Germany (Alexander von Humboldt Professors)
What can you expect?
- Travel and accommodation will be covered by the organisers.
- Good food, drinks and intellectual stimulation during your stay in Aachen
- Find our programme at www.aim.rwth-aachen.de/ai-summit
How to apply?
Young researchers from any nationality currently working at a German non-profit research organisation in artificial intelligence (or closely related fields) at the following levels:
- PhD candidates in their 2nd year or beyond,
- Postdocs and junior researchers who have not yet been appointed to a tenured professorship, including tenure-track junior professors and junior group leaders
The application phase will be open from 16 May 2023 to 23 June 2023 and the procedure and requirements are explained in details at www.aim.rwth-aachen.de/ai-summit.
We attach great importance to diversity and therefore welcome and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates, particularly from groups that are currently underrepresented in the AI ecosystem.
We are looking forward to receiving your application and to hopefully inviting you to Aachen!
Professor Holger Hoos & Professor Aimee van Wynsberghe