Become a Mentor
We have a waiting list. It's also worth contacting us via email outside of the application period.
How do I become a mentor in the mentoring program of computer science?
Are you communicative and want to help others?
Do you want to improve your leadership, advising, and communication skills?
Are you looking for an interesting, non-technical elective? Or maybe a small Hiwi job with five hours a week?
Then apply. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short text – 1000 words maximum – explaining your motivation to work as a mentor. We will invite you to a short interview, during which we discuss the details.
You must fulfill the following requirements:
- You are in at least the third semester of computer science.
- You are prepared to participate in a mentor training at the end of September and a training from the student representative council.
- You have time to mentor your own student group starting during the orientation week for first-year students and to indepedently organize the group with instruction.
- You are interested in becoming very familiar with a topic and teaching it to others.
- You haven an open and friendly personality and enjoy meeting new people and sharing your experiences.
We look forward to your involvement!