Virtual Conductor by Chair i10 Featured in EuroWings inflight magazine
The Virtual Conductor, a research project by the Chair for Media Informatics and Human-Computer Interaction i10 at RWTH Aachen, has been featured in EuroWings inflight magazine No. 44 for March & April 2018. The project is also known als Personal Orchestra.
The goal of the Personal Orchestra is to adapt this centuries-old interaction metaphor to digital multimedia so that everyone may enjoy the wonderful experience of conducting world-famous orchestras.
The primary research goals are:
- innovative interfaces for musical expression
- gesture recognition (capturing the physical user movements)
- gesture modelling and interpretation
- real-time interactive audio and video time-stretching without pitch-shifting artifacts
- time design and frameworks for time design of multimedia